Life gets busy. Games provide a breather. Gone are the days of unwieldy expensive gaming consoles being required. New technology has made it easier for anyone to game at home or on-the-go. Games aren’t just for the young anymore either. Handheld devices, diverse game options, and increasing gamification at school and work means that more adults are enjoying a wide range of modern gaming options. Not only can games help you relax and take a few minutes for yourself, research shows they may offer some benefits for your brain too!
Interested in The History of Electronic Gaming, simply click here to learn more.
Playing is Winning
Beyond the pleasure that participating (and in particular winning/mastering) provides, there is more behind what games can provide our cognitive function.
Games have been demonstrated to develop and enhance specific parts of the brain’s regions/structure and performance.
Gaming has been shown to beneficially impact these neural areas:
• Attention: Gaming can increase specific types of attention, most notably spatial, and improve efficiency via maintaining focus.
• Visual and Motor Skills: Gaming can increase co-ordination and visual perception.
• Multi-tasking: Gaming can hone quick decision-making skills, the ability to keep track of multiple elements & the skill do more than one task simultaneously.
Socially speaking, gaming may hold value too. Thus far gaming has been positively linked with:
• Fostering creativity
• Nurturing resilience
• Boosting mood
• Deflecting anxiety
• Promoting cooperation
Sources:  • [https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00248/full] • [https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/freedom-learn/201502/cognitive-benefits-playing-video-games] • [https://www.apa.org/monitor/2014/02/video-game.aspx]
To learn about the benefits of Gamification, simply click here.
Get your Game On
Love the games you’re playing or find a new game to love!
Enter Prestigio’s December 2018 Online Competition to stand the chance of winning a Canyon Gaming Package.
Play To Win
Here’s how to enter:
T’s & C’s Apply
• Connect with us online via Facebook and Twitter
• Comment or Tweet: what is your favourite game, what game/s are you playing online and include screenshot
• Classify your Entry with the Hashtags: #PotentialUnleashed #Gaming
• Winner must live in the Republic of South Africa.
• Competition Dates: 05 December 2018 – 31 December 2018.
• Prize is not transferable for monetary remuneration.
• The Prize Winner shall receive his/her prize within an achievable timeframe, within South Africa.
• Judges’ decision is final.
We hereby acknowledge that the following promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook.